Dedicated Insulation Experts in Ottawa
Hiring an insulation contractor is a daunting task. Finding a contractor is not a difficult task but selecting the right person is undoubtedly difficult. The process starts with your search on the Internet or going through yellow pages for local contractors. Once you make a list of some contractors its time to pick up the phone and dial the numbers. You will have to invest some time to find out a contractor since it is about some serious work in your home. You will find that all their approaches are different. The way they do their business or their operating hours or even payment term will be different from one another. It may seem difficult to make a comparison and the process is time consuming. But there are ways to make this process easier for you
Trusting your instinct is the best thing to do when it comes to choosing insulation contractors. Most of the contractors are dedicated and they give effort to make your home energy efficient, environment friendly and beautiful. However there are also contractors in the market who do their business to rip consumers off. Beware of these kinds of contractors who will rob your hard earned money.
The best way to ensure you are hiring the right person is to ask the questions given below:
- Ask whether the company has got license. Having license doesn't ensure that they are very efficient but it will at least guarantee that they don't work illegally. The company you hire must be registered. Insultech is a registered Insulation contractor in Ontario.
- Check whether the company carries insurance. A reputed company will always carry both workers Compensation policy as well as general liability insurance. Ask to see it. Insultech estimators always carry a copy of our current Liability and WSIB certifications for you to see.
- It is always a good thing to ask about the payment terms before you sign the contract papers. Make sure that the payment term of the contractor you are hiring is convenient for you.
- Ask whether the contractors have professional training. Have your installers received manufacturer certification? Do they have on-site training experience? All installers at Insultech have professional training as well as onsite training specific to their area of expertise. Some of these include WHMIS, FALL PROTECTION and CONFINED SPACE
- Check credentials: Insultech has an A+ accredited rating with BBB. We are also members of the OCA. Check out the website to see some of the work they have done and what people are saying.
- Ask whether they offer some kind of guarantee. All good contractors will offer some sort of warranty of guarantee. Insultech carries a one-year warranty on all workmanship. Material as per manufacturer. Although all you need is a copy of your invoice or we will have one available in the system, we will give you a written warranty upon request.
When you get a satisfactory answer of all these questions it will be easier for you to choose an insulation contractor. We hope you will choose Insultech but if not, let us know what made you choose our competitor so that we can implement changes and improve our chances for next time.